Sunday, February 22, 2009

I thought this day would never come

It's finally official....I will join the Texas A&M Association of Former Students on May 15, 2009 after I graduate at 9am! WhOoP!!! I took my last final on Valentine's Saturday and got my grade back - an A! So, that's that folks, I'm going to be a college graduate! =) It won't be hard to see me....I'll be almost 9 months pregnant! =)

Honest to goodness, I get emotional thinking about it all. I never thought I'd finish those last 33 hours when I decided to go back. See, here's my story. I went my Freshman and Sophomore years at A&M all the way through (married Greg this summer), then my Junior year, I got pregnant. So, I worked full time and did school part time. My last semester at A&M was the Spring of 2004. I took a class or two at Blinn while pregnant. It wasn't until we moved to Montgomery and I had stayed home with Briley for almost a year that I decided enough was enough...I was going to finish that degree! So, I started taking online classes. It was a slow road, but once I became a mom, I understood WHY I was doing this to begin with. So, after 2 years of online courses part time, taking on a full time job, buying our first house, and getting pregnant again, HERE WE ARE! =)

I know lots of family and friends are proud of me (and relieved, LOL!) but the one who means the most is my mom. See, she was never given the opportunity to go to college. I always felt so guilty when I quit going to A&M. I knew in my heart I would finish, I just didn't know when. My mom was always there telling me it will all happen soon enough. So, getting this degree is really for her =) I know when she realizes I've updated my blog she'll cry at this paragraph!

So, more specific details to come. I'm sure we'll have a Graduation Party of some sorts, but nothing's been set yet. I'm trying to be as organized as possible, I hope May gets here soon! =)

No comments: