Ok, so here's the deal...everytime I come over here to post an update, I get overwhelmed. I think, "what will I write?" "what will I not write?" "there's too much!" So, I usually tell myself I'll do it later, then later turns into much later...and here we are.
SOOOO, I'm just going to start! If any of you have a Facebook acct, that is the best way to keep up with The Browns! I love FB! I think that's a lot of the reason why I don't update our blog often...between Facebook, Twitter, MySpace...that's a lot of talking about our world! :) It can be much too much at times.
My last blog post was June 10th...that was 5 days before I was in the hospital giving birth to Kaylen! She was born on 6-15-09, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5 inches long. Everything went exceptionally well. I felt awesome! The recovery time was much better/easier/faster with Kaylen than Briley. I attribute a lot of that to this being my 2nd child & her being born in the summer. Because I had another little girl to take care of, there was little "down" time...plus, we are busy little bees! We had errands to run, dance class to attend, playdates! All of that made me get out there and recover quickly.
The transition from 1 to 2 kiddos has gone fairly well. Of course it is overwhelming at times, but I think Briley being 3 1/2 has really helped. She is SUCH a good helper! For the first few weeks Kaylen was home, Briley literally stood over her bed watching her little sister, making sure the paci was in her mouth, she wasn't crying, that she had covers, etc. Briley sometimes begs to help me with Kaylen. I occasionally let her feed the baby, grab me a diaper, buckle her carseat...anything I ask, Briley's always ready to go! I want my girls to be the best of friends & at this rate, I think they just might be super fond of one another :)
Greg's job is going well. Of course, he works a LOT but he's always been that way. He is such a hard worker! There are a lot of days I get overwhelmed at how blessed I am! Usually it starts because I think of Greg and all he does for us. Its crazy to think of how much we've grown over the years. We've been together 7 years, married for 6...we've gone from young college students to grown up parents! I love continuing to learn about him, and mostly I love to see him in my favorite role, being a daddy!
I'm adjusting well to my full time, non paying yet highly rewarding job as a stay-at-home-mom! :) Yes, there are days of lounging in pj's, watching movies, and painting fingernails. But, there are also many days of crying, temper tantrums, back talking...you get the picture :) We've settled into a fairly nice routine that works for our schedules...yet, we are just about ready to flip that all upside down with the start of all of Briley's new activities! I swear we're busier now than we were when I worked, lol! Tuesday & Thursday she'll have school, Wednesday is ballet/tap, and every other Friday I've joined a MOPS group! I'm looking forward to all of the craziness! I thrive on it, honestly!
What else, what else...hmm, I think that my brain is asking for a reprieve now! Hopefully this update will get you all back on track with our lives! I've made up my mind that I won't promise to keep this updated regularly because when I do, it doesn't work out. So, here's to attempting to make more of an attempt to make it into blogger-land! :) I hope everyone enjoyed Memorial Day - goodnight!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment