Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Browns, family of 4!

Well, I can't say there's any particular reason why I haven't updated the blog since March, except for being busy. I know everyone's busy, but each time I sit down to write I feel like I won't have enough time to say everything so I push it off til later --- I guess later is upon us! :)

Here are the highlights of what you've been missing from The Brown Family, in no particular order:

  • Last month I was told by the doctor that I am anemic and my Group B Strep test came back positive! It was a lot to take in that day...basically, being anemic (very anemic) I had to start taking iron pills. And for the positive Group B Strep test means I must get an antibiotic through IV during birth. The anemia part is concerning because I basically have a small amount of blood in my body and might need a blood transfusion when giving birth. Hopefully the iron pills have boosted me up, but 2 weeks isn't a long time to get my levels raised, according to the doctor (I'm at a 7.3 and my normal levels should be between 11-15!) I'm taking the info and trying to not stress about it too much. I know I'll be very well cared for and monitored. Prayers are appreciated, too!
  • I went to my 38 week appt yesterday and the doctor set me up to be induced on Monday! That means in t-minus 5 days (unless Kaylen graces us with her presence sooner) we will become Browns: Family of 4! My parents are driving in on Sunday to be here with Briley. I had lots of great time last night to do some final organizing of the nursery, washing the rest of Kaylen's clothes, etc. Now I just need Greg to assemble her new changer/dresser (I *begged* for the pre-assembled floor model but apparently my stressed out, 9.5 month pregnant self wasn't enough to persuade them I needed it that badly!) and nursery is complete!
  • I officially joined the ranks of the Texas A&M Association of Former Students on May 15th, whoop!! Graduation was so wonderful. My parents, Clay, Do, and Greg's best friend David joined in the ceremonies and watched me graduate. Afterwards we went to lunch in Navasota (to avoid the multiple hour waits we would have faced in BCS) and had lunch where Ray & Sherry joined us too. Funny story - Ray & Sherry are, for all technical purposes, my 2nd cousins. However, ever since I can remember them in my lives, I've *always* called them Aunt & Uncle because they are my parents age (Sherry & my dad are cousins). So this visit, Ray decided to inform me that "You know we really are just long distance cousins, right? I'm not really your Uncle." LOL, I told him I'll always call him my Uncle, but thanks for the info. LOL!
  • My last day at work was last Friday. It was really bittersweet. I LOVE my job and even though I'm making the best decision for my family and I DO want to stay home with my girls, it was still very hard to leave. The people I worked with are amazing, and I will miss seeing them everyday. Before I left, they threw me a surprise Baby Shower/Lunch! It was so nice and very thoughtful. I am so blessed to have these people cross my path in life.
  • So far, being a SAHM has been great! I'm trying to tell myself, I don't have to complete all of my organization projects right away! I've got time. I'm focusing on what I feel I need to get done before Kaylen gets here then the rest I can work on later. So far so good! I've got to say though, I see lots of organization in my future...I'm pretty sure it is my passion, or obsession, however you choose to look at it, lol! :)
So, for now I think those are the big highlights. Please keep me & Kaylen in your thoughts/prayers as I go to be induced on Monday. I am obviously nervous about my anemia and just hope I won't require a blood transfusion. If I do, though, we'll take it as it comes and do what's best for me & the baby girl. I'll try to get pictures up as soon as possible next week! :)

Have a great rest of the week friends!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I"ve been watching for you to update!
I've always been anemic and everything worked out fine. Cant wait to see pictures of your new girl. Lots of luck!

Tiff said...

I have been looking for updates too!! Yay Monday is the day!!!