Sunday, March 29, 2009

Update on life

Greg has now been in his new position as Store Manager for almost 2 weeks. He has yet to take a day off! He has a lot to take care of, which I understand. Fortunately we are able to go visit him at the store a lot when we get out of school so it helps when Briley's having Daddy withdrawls. He's giving himself 6 weeks total to work every day as long as he needs before starting to adhere to the official Store Manager schedule. I think that's fair! As hard as it is for him to be gone a lot, I support him and know he's doing what needs to be done to get his store in order so he can start working normally and not be so consumed with worry/stress.

On another note =) We talked and decided that I will begin a new job as of June 6th - Stay at home mom!!! Oh my, I am so so so excited to know I get to stay home with my girls. I am beyond thankful for this opportunity. Greg works really hard for us outside of the home, and I am committed to working hard for us inside the home to make this new situation successful. After doing the math, it just was not worth it for me to go back to work after Kaylen comes. Putting both girls in child care would cost just as much as our mortgage payment! =o Plus, Greg knew this was really what I felt I wanted to do again, so we talked and worked it out. My new plan is this ---- stay home for the next 2 years or so while I also work towards getting my teaching certification. By the end of that 2 year period, Briley will be starting Kindergarten and Kaylen will be 2, so we will only have 1 in child care, and I will go back to work as a teacher. Who knows, it might change depending on what God ultimately has in store for us, but staying home will allow me the opportunity to find an Alternative Teaching Certification Program, work on and complete it, then be ready to teach by the time we are comfortable putting Kaylen in child care. I officially gave my notice of resignation to my Principal on Friday and he was so great about it. He even said as soon as I'm ready to come back, let him know and he'd hire me in a heart beat! =) That was nice to hear.

So, now everything is official and set! I can't believe it is just about April. That means only 1 month until my 26th birthday and my graduation from A&M, and about 2 months until Kaylen gets here! Geez, writing that makes me realize I've got a lot to do between now and then!

Happy Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I'm so glad you are doing so well. And can't believe you are about to graduate and have another baby! I'm so excited for you! Now, you need to post some preggo pics, so we can see that cute little belly! :D

IamtheMom said...

I did the Alternative Teaching Program though Lamar in Beaumont. It was really easy- and I took all night or Saturday classes. You should look into it. You can go one night a week or whatever. Its only 5 classes.

BaSeBaLL WiDoW said...

That's awesome Erin...We need to catch up, it's been too long. Congratulations on another girl that is wonderful. Do y'all still live in Cape Conroe? I would love to try and see you the next time I come to Conroe.