God is so good! Just as we had prayed, hoped, and wished for, Greg got the promotion! =) Starting tomorrow, Greg is officially THE Store Manager of Store #400, which is the Wal*Mart in Conroe, right off of I-45. We are still trying to process all of this goodness! Greg got the call on Friday late in the afternoon. I was at my desk and had about 5 kids in my office waiting on me for a schedule, to sign a referral, whatever it was, then my phone rings. I stood up, said "Yall are gonna have to wait for a minute!" Then ran in my AP's office where Greg gave me the good news! I fell to my knees, I was so excited. We've got a lot of exciting things to think about these next few weeks. I told Greg I'm just glad this week is my Spring Break - I will have time to try and get all of these thoughts straightened out!
The best news of all is that now we won't be moving, and we know we will stay in Montgomery for quite a while longer! As much as I would love to live closer to my parents, I was sad to think we might have to leave this area. So, now we get to stay in our beautiful house, be close to our friends, send Briley to great MISD schools and still be only 3 or so hours from both our families. I think Greg getting this new store was really a blessing in disguise. It was God's way of letting me know HE is in control, and always has our best interest in mind.
For now, we're still talking about and sorting through lots of new exciting things, ideas, thoughts, etc that we're throwing around. We know we are extremely blessed, especially right now when many Americans are struggling to pay bills and facing lay-offs, etc. God has many other great things in store for us, and we are doing our best to be patient and see what those things are.
I'm looking forward to making 2009 a great year! I don't see how things could get much better (after the promotion, graduating, and giving birth) but you never know! =)
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment