Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oh the things that come from the mouthes of babes

Ok, so at lunch today, we started eating and Briley says "Momma, we forgot to say our prayers!" I tell her yes, you're right, we need to pray. Will you pray, Briley? She looks at me and says, "No mommy, Jesus told me its your turn to say the prayer!" I had to try really hard not to laugh, as she was serious as a heart attack. I said oh, Jesus told you that? She said "Yes Him did Momma."

Then later on today, I asked her to take care of her "job" (read: she is in charge of pushing in the chairs at the table, that's it). I was washing dishes and she walks over to the sink and says, "Mom, Jesus said it is your job now, not mine." =) Ok, either she's using Jesus as her acceptable means of excusing herself from things, or she's really got a direct line to The Man. I certainly hope its the latter choice, but nonetheless, it was quite funny! Oh the things that girl says!

No comments: