Well, we are nearing the end of Spring Break. At first I thought it was going too fast, but now I feel like I've had more like a 2 week vacation. Regardless, I can't believe I got paid to be off for a week. Yay for working for the school district!
So, the beginning of Spring Break we took a quick weekend trip to my mom and dad's house. We did a lot of hanging out, a little shopping, and it was fabulous! Greg had to start his new store on Tuesday and Monday was his going away party at the old store. It was really nice. He got several nice presents, and some of his associates who weren't even scheduled on Monday heard about the party and showed up to tell him goodbye. THAT meant a lot to Greg. Those things are what makes Greg love his job. He really enjoys making an impact in their lives. Tuesday Greg asked if Briley & I would go with him to his first morning store meeting so he could introduce us. Of course we went! He said lots of awesome things about how his family is why he does what he does, and he wants the associates to think of their store like a family, etc. Then, Briley and I took a day trip to College Station. My graduation announcements were in! We had a great lunch with my Aunt Sherry, bought new Aggie shirts, and found lots of good deals at Once Upon a Child. I got Briley 9 new Polo/Tommy/Gymboree dresses, Kaylen 4 dresses, 2 tops, 2 onesies, 2 movies and a new bow for $100! I love finding good deals.
Wednesday-Friday were relatively uneventful. Except for Friday when I had my glucose testing. First of all, the drink wasn't chilled, it was warm! Definitely not good when warm. Then I thought I had 15 minutes to drink it when really I had 5. Great, tell a pregnant lady who hasn't eaten in about 10 hours you must chug this junk in 5. I did it without being sick, then waited. and waited. So I give my urine sample, and I was told I might have a UTI. Mmmm great! Honestly, I know this sounds bad but I hope I do have something so it can be treated, because I can literally pee every 15-30 minutes all day. It makes doing anything VERY difficult. Plus I wake at night at*least* every 2 hours to go to the bathroom. I don't think I had to pee this much when I was in the early stages of labor, let alone at 6.5 months along. The rest of the day I felt really icky. Shaky, tired, yet wired....so I decided to call it a day. I let Briley watch a few movies while I did nothing on the couch but rest, read (and finish!) my latest book, and pee every 20 minutes. =)
Tonight I'm going to my friend Deanna's house. She's hosting a Southern Living Party for my Director, Kassi. I'm looking forward to this time away, just girls! And tomorrow, who knows. Then Monday, it's back to the grind for approximately 2.5 more months before summer is here! I'll try to post some pictures later. I think I have some recent ones from my parents house. Until then, enjoy your weekend!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment