Sunday, March 8, 2009

This past week

This past week was great! Briley is really growing into a little person. As my counselor at school, Carolyn, says, "She's so serious!" :) It's true, she's such a serious kiddo. It was a teacher's birthday and Briley brought her new Dora stickers to school. She wanted to give her one, so she ran down the hallway saying, "Hey! Wait up!" LOL we all laughed so hard, I've never heard her say that before. She's such a great companion...we have the best talks about anything and everything you can think of.

Today I spent all day in the kitchen. I wish I had lots of wonderful dishes to show for it (ha!) but instead I did what makes my heart happy - cleaning! I scrubbed my cabinets, cleared out my pantry, mopped the floor, did dishes, etc. All the while, I left the windows open, had the radio on, and really enjoyed the day. I let Briley play on the back porch with her pink sand all day! She shoveled sand, put water in it, even stepped in it! She loved the fact I just let her make a huge mess. We even went to lunch at Subway on the lake because Briley wanted to see the boats and fish. What a fun time we had! I just love love love that sweet little girl and I'm so glad God graced me and Greg with her as our daughter. And how lucky are we that we get to be blessed with another sweet girl in June!

So as we start another week, I'm feeling blessed. Greg has the possibility of getting a promotion, and regardless of what happens, he is such a wonderful man and father. I'm grateful Greg works so hard for us. I am lucky! And this is my last week before Spring Break! On Friday, Briley and I are going to Garland to see my parents for a few days - I can't wait!

In closing, please enjoy this photo of my sweet girl in her new beautiful dress!

No comments: