YIPPEE! I just finished my British Literature final essay! It literally took me off and on 15 hours to do it today! I was bound and determined to get it d-o-n-e! The rest of this week is going to be busy, and I didn't want to stress about it, so here we are, finito! :) Now that means starting in the Spring 08, I have 19 hours left. After the Spring, that leaves 13 hours!! wOOt!!!! Graduation is almost upon me, I cannot believe it! Hopefully this week next year I will be holding my cap and gown, waiting patiently to graduate :)
On another note, I'm thinking about getting a job! Yes, that's right, I'm contemplating going back into the workforce. I have to say my dear friend Deanna is not thrilled about this :) and I'm sure Kassi and Robin won't be happy either. BUT this opportunity sort of threw itself in my lap, and I feel God telling me to just go for it. The worst that happens is they say no, and I continue doing what I'm doing. How fortunate am I that I have options?! Here's the story....there's a new child care center opening up literally a quarter/half mile from my house (it's not completely built yet). I browsed their website thinking of enrolling B in their MDO program. Well, it's a bit too pricey, so I scratched that. I continued looking around their website and noticed they are still hiring for positions. I called them up and got an interview for Friday! So, I'm really excited/nervous about this prospect.
I have to say, once again that I feel as if God does these things in my life in order to let me know He's still there, looking in at everything I do. For example, last weekend Deanna highlighted my hair for me (first time using a box, that's a whole other story!). It turned out very strawberry blonde, nothing like I'm used to, but I am enjoying it! I remember distinctly telling Deanna, hey, it's not a big deal it's not like I have a real job or anything, right? Who cares its several shades lighter than I anticipated? Three days later, bam!, here's a job opportunity. Lately, money has been weighing heavily on my mind, and for months I've been thinking of ways I could help bring in some sort of income, but still have B with me. Bam! Working at a child care center, I get to bring in some income and still have B with me, in the building. And I always said when B was 2 we would put her in MDO, regardless. She needs that interaction with other kids, and developmentally it is time for her to get back around other children with regularity. Briley will be 2 in January, right about the time this new center is going to open. Coincidence? I think not.
These three events listed above make me realize how much God is in *everything* I do on a daily basis. I don't pay attention to Him like I should, I don't pray with regularity much anymore, I don't go to a structured church service, and yet He still always is there, listening, patiently waiting for you to come back to Him. Oh, and did I mention this child care center is Christian based? :) So this whole scenario is absolutely divine intervention, no doubt about it. Maybe this is God's way of helping me help our family (by bringing in some more income) as well as helping myself by growing closer to Him again. I'm speaking as if I've already been offered a position, and I haven't, but I just think this whole situation is nothing but positive.
So, please save a thought, or say a prayer for me Friday morning! I think I'm ready for this. If I were to be offered a position, I would still be taking 2 classes in the Spring, so I'm very concerned about how I am going to juggle all of that, plus Briley, the house, and so on. I guess this is the part where I leave it in God's hands, right? :) Here it is God, you can have it. I just appreciate You listening to the words in my heart and I am so glad to have You as the leader of my life.
That's all for now. I'm going to do some cleaning. Yes, it's midnight, but now I've caught my second wind, and time is precious people! :) Tomorrow's going to be a busy day for us. If you could, please save a thought/say a prayer for Greg. We're going to see a general surgeon tomorrow. I won't elaborate since he'll probably prefer that I not, but rest assured, this is nothing life threatening, it's just something he wants to take care of. Knowing you'll have to have surgery, even minor, is daunting, so pray for peace within Greg, and courage for tomorrow's appointment.
Thanks friends! I love sharing with you, and I appreciate you reading!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Erin! I SO enjoyed reading your blogs, I feel like we just caught up and had coffee! You sound like the wonderful mother I knew you would be and God is so sneaky- He likes to do those tricks you are talking about and you better believe He is invloved. I think that job sounds perfect for you and a nice way to be a mom and work, in the same place. We will pray for yall and I hope all is okay with Greg- I didn't realize you were still in Houston- lets pick a date to get together, miss you!
Hallie, I love you! I'm so glad you "caught up" with our lives :) I'd definitely love to catch up, let's work it out!
Post a Comment