Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Dates with my daughter

About once a week, Briley & I go run all of our "major" errands (read - not just going to the Wal*Mart to see daddy, ha!). While we're out, we have nice "talks," listen to music, and I try to take her out to eat, just the girls :) Oh my, how I enjoy these times. Yesterday we went to run a lot of errands so I stopped off to get some burgers and I say in the backseat with her to eat. She even took a nap, oh my! She's pretty much given up on naps, I'm lucky if I get one a week...so this was shocking to me. Shopping & running around really wears a girl out ;)

Even though, obviously, there will be rough days, I am enjoying this stage so so much. Briley's getting affectionate on her own terms, not being foced into hugs and kisses. She's exploring, learning, putting such wonderful, contextual sentences together and so on. She loves to help me gather laundry and switch it to the dryer, she loves to go get her own books, then bring them back to me to read and of course she loves Dora! :) I sure hope she continues to like Dora...she's pretty much getting ALL Dora presents for Christmas. LOL, she even says "ab'ita!" which is her way of saying "abuelita" which is spanish for grandma. I love the things she learns from Dora - she's just like a little sponge!

The moral of this blog is I love dates with Briley :) I sure hope that in a few years we can develop a weekly mommy & me routine to continue for years and years. I know we want to have more kiddos later, but I just can't imagine loving someone else as much as I love Briley. This mommy gig is a pretty amazing responsibility and I'm thrilled I was blessed with Briley bop! Speaking of Briley, I just laid her down and I think it's time to go kiss her now :)

I'm going to post pictures later --- we went to visit Devon & Douglas this past weekend and had a wonderful time. Briley loves her Ani SO much (she calls Devon "Ani" and none of us are sure why!) and is going to be so thrilled with Ani's Christmas present for her!

That's all for now, as Briley would say "see you wawer!!"
Erin

No comments: