Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our first trip to the ER!

So, I all ready had some overtime in my first week of work. I was going in late, but the director asked me to go on and bring Briley in at the normal time, so she can keep on track with her class' schedule. I understand that, no prob. So, I drop her off, stay to eat breakfast with her, then left.

I was at the front desk chatting with my owner when B's teacher runs out with B in her arms, her face covered in blood .

She tripped over her feet, and hit her face on the toy shelf. :( So, I thought it was a bloody nose and I tried to comfort her. When I finally got some of the blood wiped up, I noticed a gash --- she split open the skin from under her nose! From left to right, from under her nostrils to the piece inbetween her nostrils, to just a bit over the other side. From what I hear, I turned white and they thought I was going to pass out! I had to leave the room. Seeing her sweet face all split open and literally gashed was too much.

We took her to the ER and were there for about 5 hours total --- we got pushed back twice due to 2 car wrecks involving fatalities. B did exceptionally well for being a 2 year old in a nasty ER room, and she was hungry, tired, and obviously in pain. Finally they stitched her up and I about lost it again. It was basically a small fish hook they put through her skin to get the gash healed up. AND they strapped her to a backboard --- ugh, so traumatic hearing your 2 year old screaming "Help me momma! Help me! I need my Mimi please!" knowing there's nothing you can do about it at the time.

For going through such a traumatic event, B did awesome all day. She was her normal self besides being a bit tired as well as a bit wobbly. She's actually sleeping next to me on the couch right now. I don't want to go put her in bed yet, I want her close to me!

Needless to say, it's been a long and tiresome day for The Browns today. Rest asured we are all doing great, just trying to make sure we take good care of our sweet Briley girl. I took some pictures but I'm way too exhausted to post them right now. Plus, I'm not sure I want to period, we'll see how I feel about it later.

That's all for now. Thanks for listening. I'm off to fold some laundry, right on the floor next to my sweet sleeping angel girl

8 comments:

Therese said...

Oh no, Erin. I hope Briley is feeling better today. That must have been quite a scare!

Ana said...

I am so sorry! I hope Briley gets better soon!

Big Fat Gini said...

Oh Erin...I'm so sorry! Poor Briley! I sooo know that feeling. Andrew busted his forehead open (down to the bone) on our fireplace when he was four. Lots and lots of hugs, friend. I hope she's feeling better today.

The Hills said...

Oh no!!! How is she doing today?

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry!! Poor girl! Hugs to you BOTH!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Briley and Poor Erin. I know how it is to see blood come from your child and it is no fun, Kodi got thrown off a horse 9 feet in the air at Halloween and fell flat on her face and just laid there. When we picked her up, there was blood everywhere. It is a very terrifying feeling.. I hope she is doing better. Keep us posted.

Ashley S. said...

Hey lady! I didn't know you had a blog too! I just found it linked on Shevawn's page. I'll add yours to the list of blogs I check each day!

Brandy said...

Oh...how horrible! I know the feeling of being helpless while they 'work' on your child, as they scream for you. I hope she is doing better!