Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pink Eye, Dirty House and School

Yes, that is a random title, but that's how things have felt for me lately, random. First off, Briley's nose is much better, thanks to those of you who've asked. It now just looks like a little red scratch. It's 99% healed up!

So she's feeling and looking better, then what other bug decides to rear it's ugly head at The Brown house? Pink eye! I knew getting a job at a pre-school Briley & I would suffer a few colds and sickness here and there while our immunities built up, but I didn't think it would happen back-to-back like this. So, Briley got pink eye on Wed and fortunately Greg was off on Thursday so she was able to stay home with him and I got to work. Well, Friday morning I woke up to two eyes literally stuck shut with pink eye goop! So, we both stayed home Friday. Today we're both much better. Here's hoping this is the last bug to visit us for a while!

In other non-sickness related news, our house is finally c-l-e-a-n! Thanks in large part to my husband who is a much better housekeeper than me ;) He literally cleaned ALL day yesterday. We're both embarrased to say we did 11 loads of laundry and STILL had clothes leftover...think we have too many clothes? LOL, we do! I'm hoping this level of clean with be maintained from now on. I hated how dirty/messy everything was lately but with both of us working full time, my school, and moving it's been overwhelming for me. I'm thrilled with how lovely my house looks! :)

On the school front - I'm trucking along in Spanish 3! I'm not going to lie, this semester I have been doing just enough to get by. Each lesson I have skipped a few assignments that I just didn't have time for. The upside? I've still managed to get A's on ALL assignments so far! I guess he's grading on a curve, which is fine with me :) And, my professor e-mailed me to ask if I'd be interested in taking Spanish 4 in a mini-mester! I said YES! That puts me back on track to graduate by the end of the year. Those words still seem like such a dream - me graduating! I know it's thisclose but still it seems so far away.

So, in summary, we're busy! I'm trying my best to find adequate time for everything, but it's hard. Hopefully in a few weeks time we'll all be in a good, smooth routine that won't feel so crazy. Speaking of crazy, I better run. I've got to get ready for the day - have to finish my Spanish assignment, go to Kassi's Southern Living Party at 3, then have Breanne over to help me with my lesson plan for this week. There aren't enough hours in the day! :) But I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: