Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween, family, & school oh my!

So, how was your Halloween? We had a great time! We went to Kassi, Kyle and Kylie's house for a little party, then we trick-or-treated around their neighborhood with our friends. Blaise, Briley, Ilirian and Kylie had a great time running around the streets in their costumes.

Briley, Kylie and Blaise

Halloween was on Wednesday, then on Thursday my grandma (Do) came in town for the weekend. She is in remission and has been for years from breast cancer. Her doctor moved to Brenham so she stayed with us and I took her to her yearly check up on Friday. Friday night we met my cousin Devon and her boyfriend Douglas in The Woodlands for dinner. It was so great to see them! Briley has started calling all adult females (besides Do and her Mimi) "Ani." I have no idea why, but she was pretty in love with her Ani Devon! She loved talking with her and Briley especially loved how her Ani kept giving her cheese queso at the restaurant :)

Saturday was a long yet super fun day! We started the day by driving to Douglas' house to meet up with Devon for lunch again. Do was staying with Devon & Douglas for the rest of the weekend. Douglas bought a beautiful house in The Heights in Houston. It was built in 1929 and has a lot of character. Briley loved the steep stairs inside! We had a yummy lunch at Olive Creek and even sat outside, the weather was beautiful!

Greg, Briley & I at Onion Creek

"Ani" and Briley wearing potholders!

Later in the afternoon, we went over to my cousin Derek's house (Derek and Devon are brother & sister). Derek & his wife Crystin just had a baby boy, Davis 3 months ago and we hadn't met him yet! So, we had a great time catching up with them and meeting sweet Davis.

Crystin and Davis before his bath

The day went by really quickly, and before we knew it, it was 9pm and we were still at Derek & Crystin's! Briley was a trooper...she had no nap and was not irritable at all. I really appreciate Ani Devon playing with her so much, I think that helped keep her happy! She loved the extra attention! My grandma, Do, was so happy to have almost all her grandkids together in one place....and we really really enjoyed ourselves a lot. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I'm waiting for my cousin to send me some pictures since I hardly took any....I can't believe it, normally I take oodles of photos. I was just so caught up in the fun, I wasn't thinking I guess :) On top of all this I had a midterm in Spanish as well! I finished everything yesterday. Let's hope I did ok!

Well, Briley and I are going to run to the resale/antique shops up the road to see if there's anything fun we have to have :) I hope everyone has a great week ahead!

No comments: