Monday, January 7, 2008

My oh my it's been a while!

Hello there! First, let me apologize for not blogging in over a week...life has been very busy in The Brown household. And this blog is going to be really random, I can feel it, so apologies in advance :)

My new job's starting date has been pushed back a bit. Due to the holidays, the construction jobs were put off, so they are anticipating opening the first to second week in February. It's ok with me, especially with how busy we've been lately.

Greg's vacation is coming up in about 2 weeks. His old roommate, Matt, is getting married, so we're going to the wedding and staying with my parents, then traveling to Longview to see Greg's family before coming back home to Montgomery. I'm excited about our trip, and I'm glad we're able to see both sides of the family :)

This past Sunday some of Greg's friends from childhood, Brady & Jenny, stopped by our house on their way through town. They have 2 girls, Katie & Valerie, and oh boy did they keep Briley entertained! Briley was so excited to have big girls to play with, she had a great time, so much fun that she was bushed all day Monday too! Seriously, she was exhausted all day, just in a daze. It was really great to have them over, and we hope to see y'all again soon!

Briley is getting so big! I cannot believe it is almost her 2nd birthday! She surprises me daily with what she knows. For example, yesterday she brought me a book and said "Momma, its a triangle!" So, I asked her what other shapes were and she was familiar with triangle, square, circle and heart! Seriously, she amazes me everyday. Just this morning, we both had to get our purses on, and "go to the store" which was her bedroom :) And on the way to the "store" she stopped at the front door and knocked. I said "Briley, what are you doing?" and she said, "Momma, I knocking on the door." DUH mom, that was a stupid question, LOL! She's smarter than me, that's for sure ;) It's such a joy to be Briley's momma...I'm anxious to see what is in store for us as we approach year two!

What else.....let's see! My mind is all over the place right now. I'm trying to get a lot of little things done before I start my new job. So, I guess for now, that's all. We've got to run to the donation center here in a minute to drop off some clothes, as well as visit a local bookstore, so I better get ready. Sorry again for this being so random, I just wanted to blog, but once I got here, my thoughts got all twisted up, LOL!

And to end, here's a picture of Princess Briley :) She was really cheesing it up!

No comments: