Sunday, January 27, 2008

Welcome to our new home + more

Yes, you read that right....as of Wednesday at 2 o'clock, Greg and I will be first time homeowners!! We are beyond thrilled to get into our new house. I was going to post the listing link, but the HAR website has officially taken our listing down which is exciting, it makes it all the more official for me :)

So, I uploaded a slideshow of inside photos. I don't have any of the exterior unfortunately, those were all on the HAR listing. So, I'm posting what I have.



I know they aren't the best pictures to show off a new house, but I always directed people to the HAR listing. Oh well, once we're all moved in, I'll get much better pictures of all our things in it!
The house is almost 2000 sq/ft, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, gameroom, 2 story, just beautiful! It has tan colored walls, brand new carpet and laminate dark wood floors, a *huge* island in the kitchen and one of the things I'm most excited about is an official laundry room! LOL ask Greg I told him wherever we move to must have either W/D hookups in the garage, or I must have my own laundry room! It's even got a little window to overlook the front porch. I'm smitten over my laundry room!

Needless to say, I've been beyond busy packing, running to the bank to sign more papers, etc. On top of moving Wednesday, my Spanish class has re-started, Briley's birthday is Thursday and I start my new job in 2 weeks! There are tons of changes going on in the Brown household, but we're loving every minute of the craziness!

Greg goes back to work tomorrow :( He's been on vacation for what seems like forever. Those that know us know that Greg and I don't do well spending tons of time together. I know it sounds weird, but we do better not being together 24/7. So, I am pleased to say that on our 9+ days together, we successfully were pleasant 99% of the time! I think it has a lot to do with us getting older, and respecting/understanding one another better. Greg knows I hate driving on long car trips, so he graciously did not complain once about driving from Montgomery to Garland, Garland to Joshua (twice), Garland to Longview, Longview to Tyler. I drove Tyler to Montgomery but I was OK with that since he did the vast majority of driving without complaining.

We had a great time seeing both sides of our family. We stayed at my parents house and went to Matthew's wedding. It was a nice time, and fun to see some friends. My mom got Greg a belated birthday cake and we all sang to him



Then we went to Longview/Tyler to see Greg's family. We had such a wonderful time seeing Anne & the kids! Anne & I had lots of good time to sit and talk. I enjoyed our conversations and am excited that we're planning on seeing them again around Easter! We took everyone out to eat at Papacita's and got this cute picture of the cousins together before leaving. Thanks again Anne for making it such a fun visit! I really really enjoyed hanging out and you know how much I appreciate the new clothes for Briley! :)



So, after our trip we returned to Montgomery where I've been packing ever since! Fortunately for us, our current house already has a new tenant who's moving in as soon as we move out, so it gives me more incentive to get this house packed and moved ASAP! And, oddly enough her kiddos are going to be attending my new school, and her 3 year old is going to be in my class! What a small world, huh?

Well, I've got to get back to packing. I wanted to post an update since I had a free minute. I really want to start blogging regularly again but lately it's been too difficult with everything going on. Plus, I haven't felt much in the mood for being online. I'm sort of not feeling the internet right now, LOL!

Please have a wonderful week friends! Once we're moved in and I've got the internet hooked up at our new house, I will promise to post pictures soon! Until then, call me if you need anything!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Congratulations! The house is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it after you decorate!

Therese said...

Congrats again on the house - it's beautiful! Happy Birthday to Miss Briley too. I can't believe she's 2 already!!!!