Greg and I had gone to dinner at Coco Loco (because I craved mexican all through the pregnancy) and when we got home, we both were really super tired. I remember calling my mom about 8:30pm to tell her we were going to bed early, so don't call us. Surprisingly, Greg fell asleep relatively fast, and I was able to lay awake and watch some tv. About 9pm I kept getting out of bed every 5 minutes, thinking I had to go to the bathroom. After about 3 times of doing this, I decided those weren't urges to go to the bathroom, those were contractions!
So from about 9pm to 5am I labored at home by myself. I never woke Greg up, and only called the hospital once around 2am to ask them if I should come in, which they told me no, I wasn't ready. I put on my big comfy blue robe and pretty much rotated from pacing my house, trying to sleep, and going to the bathroom all night. I can only hope and pray that if I become pregnant again, that the majority of my labor can be played out just like it was the first time. People tell me I was crazy for not calling anyone or for not waking Greg up, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was perfect!
When Greg woke up around 5am to go to the bathroom, I told him I had been laboring all night long (I had written down time and length of all contractions for proof :) !) and oh, I also did 3 loads of laundry! He was shocked. He helped me get into the shower which made some of my pain go away momentarily. We finally drove to the hospital around 8am where everything went so quickly. Kim, Teri, Macie, David and my parents were all there for me, and if I had my way they would have all been invited to witness the birth. Due to hospital rules, only my mom, dad and Greg were in there.
Labor was really wonderful. I opted for an epidural which only took to my right side, so I was able to feel when to push. I'm actually quite thankful for the epidural not fully taking to both sides. Labor itself was really a great experience. I know, it sounds nuts to say, but I didn't mind it. The scariest part was that Briley swallowed amniotic fluid and wasn't breathing when she came out. Greg was very good and did a nice job of distracting me so I wasn't fully aware of what was going on. To be honest, afterbirth bothered me, not the actual birth, LOL!
And that afternoon at 11:37am, Briley Kay Brown graced the world with her presence! The joy she has brought to our lives is immeasurable. Being a parent is such a rollercoaster, but I wouldn't get off this ride for anything. We are blessed beyond comprehension by having the honor of being Briley's parents. She is my everything and on this, the eve of her 2nd birthday I thank God for bringing such a wonderful and perfect sweet girl to my world.
Here's a picture of her from the day she was born, and today. My oh my how time flies when you're having fun! :) And thanks for indulging me in my moments of reminiscing this evening.
3 comments:
Erin!!! That was so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it! I can't not wait to experiance this kind of love!!! I only have 8 weeks to go until my precious Jovey comes into our world and completely changes it!~ I miss you!!!!! I hope Brileys birthday is amazing!!
She looks so precious - I can't believe how big she is getting! Happy Birthday Briley! And congrats to Mommy for making it two years! ;)
What a pretty baby she was, and she's quite a beauty at 2!!!!!
Post a Comment