Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Briley Kay!

Happy Birthday Briley Kay! It's hard to believe but today our baby girl is 2! My oh my how time flies :)

Briley slept in 'til 7:30 this morning, then I proceeded to smother her in kisses! We spent the morning watching her favorite shows, and me doing whatever she asked of me :) Right before lunch, Greg came home to eat with us. Lunch ended up only consisting of birthday cake. Briley had just got out of the bath, hence no clothes and her wet hair. Look at her really blowing on that candle!



Then we gave her her presents. I got her a small caboodle thing full of fake makeup, a hair dryer (battery operated, so cute!), brush, and some hair ties. She's been loving that! Also, we got her a Dora dance mat. It comes with a Dora outfit, DVD, maraccas, and a dance mat. OMG she la-la-la-loved it! Here she is in her oversized Dora outfit (one size fits all!) but she totally digs this toy. Great purchase on my part!



She's going to have a great birthday weekend. Saturday she's going to spend the weekend with Mimi & Poppa, then she's going to stay with her Noni & Papaw, too! That's a wonderful birthday weekend for sure :)

Tonight, we took Briley to a mexican food joint here in town, Del Pueblo. I told the waiter it was Briley's birthday, could he bring her a balloon, extra colors, or something smalll? WELL, he graciously went ALL out! He brought all the waiters over and sang, along with the huge sombrero and guitar! Briley really really dug it - she even sang Happy Birthday with them! And one of the busboys stayed behind and sereneded Briley with an extra song - Greg said it sounded like a love ballad, ha! It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we decided to go out to eat.

It's been a great day, and without drawing this out, we did not close on our house today :( Apparently tomorrow morning we are for sure going through with this. It's been stressful, but I've tried to stay positive :)

I better run, tomorrow is going to be a long day, moving and all. I hope everyone had a great day today.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

What a cutie - shaking those maracas! Happy Birthday Briley!

Big Fat Gini said...

Erin, I can't believe she's two! I remember being pregnant with Blake and sitting across from you and Briley at coffee, wondering HOW you got her to drink out of a straw. That seems like forever ago, but not THAT long ago!

Glad she had such a fabulous birthday!