Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ok, so I lied...

I actually stayed up later than 4am last night :o !! I got on a roll and just didn't feel tired, so I continued to do my Spanish homework - I did a week's worth of assignments in one night! :-) Then I stopped working about 3:45am, checked on Briley, and laid on the couch to watch some TV before going to sleep. I could NOT sleep! B woke up about 4:45am so I went in there to comfort her, then came back to lay down, and still, nothing. I finally fell asleep about 5:30am then Greg's alarm for work went off at 6:15....after he got out of the shower Briley woke up so needless to say I pretty much did not sleep.

On a happier note :-) I know there are 2 things I need to do with Briley - 1) get her off the paci (only takes it at nap & bedtime) and 2) start the dreaded potty training. Well, I decided for the lesser of two evils, the "pami" as she calls it :) When I laid B down for nap yesterday, she did surprisingly well, just whined for about 2 minutes then stopped. At bedtime, it was a little worse, she got out of bed 4 times before finally giving up. Then she did wake up twice, 2am and 4:45am. She's such a good girl though, she went back to sleep fairly well. At 2, she didn't want to go back to sleep right away, she thought it was time to get up. This is when she would have normally found her paci and comforted herself, but I had to fill in which I don't mind doing at all. She let me hold her and after about 10 minutes she was out. I'm hoping this cold turkey method continues to work! **crossing fingers** I figure once this milestone is complete, we'll think about seriously potty training. I don't want to overwhelm her with too many changes at once.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - Greg's off work, we get to go to College Station to see him play softball, People will be on newsstands, and I get to see my bestest Tiffini!! :) Thanks again Tiff for picking up the A&M strollers for me, I appreciate it! As far as today goes, I think we're just staying home. After literally being up all night, I'm sure I'll be dead to the world around 4pm.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Erin

No comments: