Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Today was a historic day for America. The majority of the country "vote[d] for change" and change won!
Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America. I was fortunate enough that I got to stream the whole entire coverage live from cnn.com at my desk. It was amazing to get to see all of the festivities, the swearing in, all of the dignitaries, etc. What a treat!
I have to say, though, I was embarrased by some people's rude comments on Facebook about the inauguration. I understand this is America, and yes we are all entitled to our own opinions, that's what makes us great! However, Barack Obama is now our President and we should respect that. I did not vote for Mr. Obama, however, he will receive the utmost respect from me because the majority of America chose him as the leader of our free country. End of story. Regardless of your political views, religious standpoints, etc. today was a VERY monumental and historic day in America. One that I will not forget ever.

To President Obama, I hope that you have the courage, dignity, respect and honor to run this country that I call home the way it needs to be ran. I will be praying for you, First Lady Michelle, Sascha, Malia, and all Obama Family as you settle into your new position and take on the daunting task of picking this country up and helping fix what needs to be fixed. I can only hope you have surrounded yourself with a knowledgable cabinet that is overly qualified to assist you in running this country. May God Bless you and keep you safe as President.

With love from a registered Republican who genuinely wants to see you do well,
Erin Brown

No comments: