Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The verdict is in...sorta!

WELL, we got back from the BIG ultrasound just a while ago. Let me explain a little backstory first...I heard from friends that the sonogram technician *won't* tell you the sex of your baby. I was freaking out thinking, what the heck??? Well, come to find out he got in trouble by the hospital for doing that! Crazy, right? Well, I said "Here's the deal Saul...my daughter thinks we're having a baby boy, so just let me know if you agree with her or not." He laughed and said ok.

The tech kept looking and looking, taking lots of sonogram pictures but wasn't saying much. So finally I asked him what was going on. He told me the baby looks great, everything is measuring on track, but the baby is small (shocker to me, LOL!) and he honestly was having a hard time telling what it was. He finally got some "crotch shots" but the umbilical cord was between his/her legs, too which makes it all the more difficult. Just like my children to be difficult! =)

So, ends up he says if he had to guess, he would not agree with Briley's assessment - meaning he thinks it's a GIRL! Oh my Lord, Greg and I were in complete s-h-o-c-k.

I took them over to my doctor's office and Dr. Nichols wasn't there so the nurse scanned in my sono pics and left them for the Dr. to review tomorrow. She is a friend of mine (and has two boys) and said that those parts are definitely GIRL parts! Once again, I was beginning to feel so confused...for the last 18+ weeks I have just *known* this one was a boy, I felt that "momtuition" I was *sure!* Looks like, as usual, God is telling me Who is in control!

So, for now the verdict is GIRL! My Doctor will review everything and possibly call me in for another sonogram in his office. (My doctor sends me to the office across the parking lot for sonograms, their machines are more advanced than what he has apparently.) SOOO, until further notice, all signs point to GIRL! I've got a lot of work ahead of me. I have not even began to process girl names, girl themes, anything! Thankfully I've got time, and everything will be a-ok!

If I go to Dr. Nichols and anything changes, I will for sure post that again! But for now, help me think of good, fun, unique girl names that will compliment Briley Kay! =)


5 comments:

Brandy said...

congrats!!! Sisters are so fun (and easy to match;) ). And they'll be the perfect age difference. No advice on the name, but Congratulations again! So happy for you!

Ashley S. said...

That's really weird. I've never heard of them not telling you. That's the first thing they asked me when I went in for my sonogram! Congrats on two girls though!

Hill Family said...

Dr. Nichols delivered Aiden and we went thru the same thing with Saul at my last ultrasound when we wanted to know how big he was. Congratulations Erin. I was secretly hoping you were going to have a boy...I've got so much boy stuff we're growing out of!!!! HAHAHA I'm selling a Medela pump cheap???????? Need one?????

Big Fat Gini said...

Aw, yay...you're going to have so much fun and Briley is going to be an awesome Big Sis!

Rebecca said...

Congrats!!