Saturday, September 1, 2007

Back to School for me!

It's Labor Day Weekend! Are you doing anything fun? With Greg's work schedule he never gets off for holidays. Actually he has to close this weekend :( Briley & I are hanging out, just watching a lot of Playhouse Disney shows :) God Bless Playhouse Disney!

So, I have started going back to school to finish my degree - YAY me! Here's the background as to why I'm not done yet : after Greg and I were married (in 03) I only went to school for one year before deciding to work full time. Greg was working a LOT and taking 15 hours, so I thought by making more $ it would be helpful. Plus, I was not enjoying school and was completely burned out. I've been out since Fall 04! Well, as most of you know, life tends to happen, right? LOL! Next thing I know, I'm still working full time and then I was pregnant. I did go to Blinn to take an English class, but after Briley was born, I was too overwhelmed with becoming a mom to think about school. When we moved to Montgomery, I had what I like to call a "come to Jesus" talk with myself and decided it was now or never. Go to school or just be content with the 98 hours I'd completed. I couldn't continue beating myself up about it. Fortunately I chose the right option, and here I am, back in school! I have to say, a lot of thanks goes to Tiff. Whether you know it or not, seeing you go to school with 2 kiddos and working really motivated me to get back at it. Plus, she guided me to the right online college and listened to my every step into getting re-enrolled. You're the bestest, but you know that ;)

SOOOOO, I started back last semester, taking SPAN 1 and MATH 142. More thanks to Tiff for getting me through Math - YAY for our B's!!!! Spanish is the majority of what I have left - 14 hours total! I got an A in Spanish, so I was pleasantly pleased. This semester I decided to take 2 more classes, SPAN 2 and British Lit. It's going ok so far. And the best part is after this semester I only have 19 hours left to go until I graduate!!

As much as I would have loved to be finished by now, I wouldn't trade the way this all worked out for the world. I am truly appreciative of the position I am now in which allows me to finish school. Greg is so supportive and keeps telling me there is no pressure, take as many or little classes as I feel comfortable with, etc. Plus, my parents are helping us pay for school which is a huge help! Sometimes I get overwhelmed, but it's only because I make myself that way. You know what they say, "I am my own worst enemy."

The moral of my long story is that I'm thrilled to be finishing school and throlled that I'm able to stay home and raise Briley while doing it. I know how lucky I am to have such a great support system, and mostly I mean Greg <3

Well, I hope you all have a great Labor Day Weekend. The Aggies play their first game today! WHOOP! Gig 'Em Ags :)


The Appreciative Student,
Erin

6 comments:

Tamara said...

I like your blog! Congratulations on having a determined goal and going after it. What an awesome Momma!!

Erin said...

Thank you Tamara! I'm trying - it seems to work so far :)

Julia said...

Lookin great Erin! :) All the best to you as you go full steam ahead with school, so proud of you!!!

Erin said...

Thank you Julia! Same to you with school...I know it's hard at times but just keep thinking of the end reward - it makes all of these late nights worth it :)

Rebecca said...

Good luck with classes this semester!!!

Erin said...

thank you Rebecca! :) So far so good!