That's what I've done all day - read Shakespeare and submit assignments about it. Specifically, I've read Othello and Macbeth. It hasn't been *that bad.* I submitted my assignment for the Macbeth questions and about 20 minutes later, my teacher had graded it all ready! I got a 100, yay me! :) I am determined to finish the Othello questions today. Greg works til 9pm so that should afford me enough time to finish up.
Briley's been such a good girl, playing in her kitchen, hitting golf balls, etc that I was able to get a lot of work done. While I was working she asked me for crayons, so I stopped working and we sat at her little table and colored for a while. She has really impressed us lately with her words and sudden sentences! Ok, well they're 20 month old sentences, but nonetheless, they're coherent. Mostly, they consist of things like "Sit mommy, sit!" or "Daddy, color peeze!" or her favorite, "Mommy, Doda (aka - Dora!) peeeeze, Doda mommy!" She la la loves Dora. Oh, this is her other favorite thing to do, drink water out of regular water bottles. She never spills either!
On the flip side of all this positive energy, she's starting to show signs of the 2 year old phase. I don't want to say *that* phrase ("the ________ twos") because I don't want to think she'll go through it, but she is getting very angry if things don't go her way right away. Today, she put the crayons in her ear and I took them. Yeah, she screamed bloody murder and fell out on the floor. And her most negative favorite word is "MINE!!!" Imagine that very loud and with a little girl squeal and that's about how she says it every day :) I have to tell her, no, the fork isn't yours, or no, the battery is not yours Briley - I know it's a phase, that's what I keep telling myself :)
She really is a good girl - Greg and I are enjoying this time in her life more than ever. She gets overjoyed when her daddy comes home from work, she loves yogurt, and has quite the infectious little personality! If we ever do have another child, I can only hope they are as fabulous as Briley is.
Off to give the kiddo a bath,
Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment